Sunday, February 20, 2005

First Post

I had created my Blogger account a while ago just to see what a blog is. Along the way I have learned what it is. Believe me, it wasn't a difficult journey. Just something new to me. Simply put, it is an outlet. It is creative. It is personal. It is business. It could be many things. Blog, weblog, diary, journal - whatever the heck you might want to call this system, it is a way to get your inner voice heard worldwide. My fellow bloggers out there, we are the checks and balances for the:

News media
&
Political landscape

and maybe most importantly we are the checks and balances for our own blogs.

Are we journalists in the traditional sense? No. We still have to be responsible for our writings. We can publish almost anything on a whim. We do not have editors who are politically and socially influenced. We are our own editors for our own blogs.

All bloggers out there are not editors for each other. We are critics of each other. When I say critics, I do not mean it in a bad way. We are accountable so yes we should be responsible. As long as access to a computer connected to the Internet and a free blog account are available, everybody and their mother can be a published journalist, storyteller, advice columnist, etc. I can go on forever but I think you get the idea.

We are living in a time anybody could be a Patrick Henry or a Ben Franklin. We have the power to entertain, to influence and most important of all to be honest. When I say honest, I mean factually honest not ideologically honest.

I know I covered only a tiny portion of all the possibilities of what bloggers have done, are doing and will do. My blog will not be:

Political
Social
Advice
Story telling
or a diary.

It will be none yet all of the above plus much more. Please come back to read the rantings of a harmless lunatic. If a person is a lunatic, how can that same person know that he is harmless or for that matter a lunatic?

Remember - Keep a frown upside!

Maz

No comments: